Mythology of Mesopotamia
Empires rose and fell along the banks of the Tigris & Euphrates, whilst a civilization as yet unsurpassed emerged…
Mesopotamia, the land “between two rivers” was an ancient region located in modern-day Iraq and parts of Iran, Syria, and Turkey. From the founding of Eridu in the sixth millennium BCE to the fall of Babylon in the first, the history of Mesopotamia spans almost 5,000 years.
It was not only the earliest but also the greatest civilization in human history.
Sumerians, Assyrians, Akkadians, and Babylonians were just some of the associated cultures. For a long time, the only way to understand their history has been through dense academic sources. This is in part due to the huge time frame and the lack of easily understood ancient sources.
Such inaccessibility of information means that few know little about it. As such, it is essential to bring their knowledge and history into the light, allowing everyone to benefit from the fascinating insights of the very first human civilization.
Inside this book you will discover;
- Introduction to the Sumerians, Assyrians, Persians & Babylonians.
- Epics & mythological stories, including the famous Epic of Gilgamesh, The Babylonian Creation Myth, The Enuma Elish & many more.
- Sargon of Akkad (Saddam Hussein celebrated this great Akkadian emperor with lavish festivities)
- How Mesopotamia laid foundations for human civilization – technology, laws, education, languages & more.
- Learn about civilizations such as The Land of Ur (home to Biblical characters)
- Old Babylon – fascinating insights from one of the most famous ancient cities.
- Why the introduction of a syllabic writing system was one of the largest contributors to the fall of Mesopotamia.
And much, much more… Whether you’re an ancient history enthusiast or just a reader looking to add to their knowledge…Inside you will discover a wealth of cultural history, mythology and more from in this book.